Price calculator - Flooring project
- The type of flooring
- The number of rooms
- The number of elements that need to be circumvented (eg: countertop, column, door, etc.)
- The delay to complete the work (eg: requiring that the work be done in the summer, which can be more expensive)
Including materials and labour
Are you looking for an expert for a flooring renovation or installation project? We have what you’re looking for! Our network is made up of contractors that have been selected through a vetting process and that are subject to spot checks, ensuring the trustworthiness of the people we refer.
Whether you’re looking to install a hardwood floor, to replace a few ceramic tiles on the bathroom floor or to apply a new coat of varnish on an old floor, we are open to all types of projects.
Floors are subject to a lot of wear and tear on a daily basis. They have to be very resistant and when comes the time to replace them, they have to be properly installed. For this very reason, the work of flooring specialists should be sought in this type of situation.
Here are some of the services offered by our flooring specialists:
- Floor installation
- Repair and restoration
- Replacing wood planks
- Sanding and stripping
- Wood floors
- Floating floors
- Carpet, tiles, marble, cork
- Parquet flooring
- In-floor heating
- Epoxy floor
- Commercial flooring
RenoQuotes.com, an online quoting service, will help you find a good flooring contractor
Have your hardwood floors seen better days? Are you sick of the vinyl flooring in the kitchen? Are you dreaming of an epoxy floor in your garage? By submitting your project through our project registration form, you will be referred to contractors that will be able to carry out your project whilst meeting your expectations.
5 things to know about floor installation, maintenance and renovation
- Epoxy floors are no longer the thing of large retail stores and car dealerships! More people are opting for this type of floor covering material and with reason: when the product is applied properly, results can be spectacular. Moreover, this type of surface is quite easy to clean, although it has to be washed on a regular basis to keep its glossy surface. In this regard, one should never use cleaning products that are acidic or abrasive. In most cases, using a mop with mild soap will be enough to remove dirt.
- What criteria is the most important when choosing a hardwood floor? First, there are three main types of hardwood floors: floating floors, solid hardwood and engineered hardwood. Each has its own pros and cons. One has to determine their own needs and which type best corresponds to those needs. First, of course, tends to be the price. Other criteria to take into consideration is material durability and ease of maintenance. Certain types of hardwood need to be varnished on a regular basis, which can be considered a nuisance. Installation techniques can also affect your choice, although if you decide to hire an expert, you won’t have to worry about this.
- Floating floors are an affordable option, which makes them quite popular. In some cases, a sub-floor layer will have to be installed to reduce the amount of noise and to even-out the sub-layer. If such is the case, look at the specific instructions given out by the company through which you bought the floor.
- In general, floor installation prices vary depending on the company, the difficulty of the work, the amount of space to cover and the type of material. For reference, prices tend to average $1.50 to $4.00 per square foot.
- Although very popular, wood floors are far from the only option: bamboo, cork, ceramic, concrete, vinyl and linoleum are only a few of the many versatile materials that can easily replace wood, adding a nice unique twist to a room.
Look through our blog section to learn more information about flooring renovations, average prices for this type of project and advice from renovation experts.
Here is a photo gallery showcasing different renovation projects carried out by contractors that are a part of our network:
Are you a flooring specialist?
We want to work with you! Fill out our registration form. It’s easy and comes with no obligations. Click here to learn more.
See what our clients think of us