Has the exterior siding on your house seen better days? RenoQuotes.com can help you find experts to fix this situation. Simply fill out the project form and we will put you in contact with certified contractors.
Whether you’re looking to replace a part of the siding or considering a full transformation, this type of work should always be completed by home renovation experts. Exterior siding (also known as exterior cladding) serves to protect the structure and helps with insulation and weatherproofing. If it gets damaged, it won’t be able to fill its duties, which can lead to serious consequences.
Are you looking for exterior siding specialists? RenoQuotes.com is here to help!
We have a network of contractors, including many experts that are specialized in exterior siding installation and maintenance.
Here are some of the serves offered by these companies:
- Installing exterior siding (aluminum cladding, vinyl siding, wood, wood fiber panels, fibrocement panels, brick, acrylic coating)
- Siding repairs
- Siding maintenance and cleaning
- Exterior painting
- Eco-friendly products
If you are planning a large-scale renovation project, which implies working with several trades, we can refer experts operating in a wide range of fields: roofing, woodworking, electricians, door and window specialists, painting and more… In your project description, give us a detailed account of your needs so that we can target the type of contractor that we will refer to you. Next, they will contact you to set up a meeting for a quote.
For larger projects, you might also want to work with general contractors. We distinguish contractors depending on the type of license that they have. In your project form, you can specify if you prefer to hire a general contractor instead of a trade specialist. General contractors are able to carry out a project through every step. They take care of the tasks and services that they offer and use trusted subcontractors for the rest. For you, this equals to saving both time and money.
5 things to know about exterior siding
- Vinyl siding is one of the most popular options due to the fact that it is affordable and resistant to shocks and scratches. However, it has a shorter lifespan than other types of materials and is sensitive to bad weather and sun rays, which can cause discolouration.
- Fibrocement panels are known for their nice appearance. They are easy to maintain and offer a good level of resistance against bad weather. However, certain organisations such as the Quebec Order of Architects do not recommend this material as there have been many cases of discolouration and fissuring.
- Wood siding adds a lot of warmth and charm to a home. However it requires quite a bit of maintenance. Among other things, a linseed-oil treatment must be applied every five years (if not more). Also, if you would like to stain the wood, you will have to apply a new coat of product on a regular basis.
- Brick is a traditional exterior siding material which is not about to go out of style. Although it is one of the most expensive options, it has the advantage of being very long-lasting (up to 75 years)
- Oftentimes, it is better to choose a product that is slightly more expensive but that has a longer lifespan. This will help you save money in the long run, as you won’t have to reinvest more money quickly for a new siding.
Check out our blog to learn more about exterior cladding, from average prices for each type of material to maintenance tips.
Here is a photo gallery showcasing different exterior renovation projects carried out by contractors that are a part of our network:
Are you a contractor that specializes in exterior siding?
We want to work with you! Fill out our registration form. It’s easy and comes with no obligations. Click here to learn more.
See what our clients think of us