Submit our quick form and get quotes now!
from 200+ reviews
Tell us about your project and submit the form in less than 5 minutes.
We put you in contact with 3 certified contractors.
Compare the different quotes, choose the best contractor, and save time and money.
The existence of winter is the first answer to this question. However, remember that bad caulking is also the first entryway for water in your home.
It slips insidiously into the gap between the siding and the window and after a while, you can say goodbye to your window frame.
Secondly, let's not forget to highlight the increase in your heating bill that you will notice with the approach of winter and warm air leaking outside your home.
Are you a seasoned handyman thinking you can do the work yourself? Here are some tips to follow:
* Carry out your project at a temperature between 8 and 25 degrees to prevent the caulking from drying too quickly;
* Use masking tape to do a more precise job without smudges;
* Look for quality when shopping for a caulking product, inexpensive products sometimes give unsatisfactory results.
Since everything is a question of price, here are the options available to you for window caulking, as well as the prices for each of them:
* Professional caulking: $ 900 to $ 2,500 (for a medium size home);
* Urethane sealant: $ 7.97 (300 ml);
* Thermoplastic sealant: $ 6.75 (300 ml);
* Acoustical sealant: $ 4.62 (300 ml);
* Latex sealant: $ 2.29 (300 ml).