Paint and Wall Covering Renovation Guide
Last modified: 2019/02/20 | Approximate reading time 4 mins
When it comes to interior transformations and renovations, walls are one of the first elements that come to mind. They are often one of the least expensive renovations, and many people decide to complete the work themselves.
Having published several articles about this subject on our home renovation blog, we've decided to gather everything in the same place so that you can have easier access to this content.
If you are planning an interior or exterior painting project, or any project relating to your home's walls, here is a list of articles that you should check out:
Paint: techniques and products
Everyone has repainted the walls of their apartment or their bedroom at one point. This is a relatively easy task. However, there are several techniques as well as important information to know about the different products that are available, to make sure that the results are optimal.
- How to paint a living room
- Advice and instructions for exterior painting
- How to prepare for a house painting project
- Wall decor: things you should know about paint
- Kitchen and bathroom paint
- How to paint concrete
- What is paint chalking?
- How to update your home's facade using paint
- 5 ways to remodel your bathroom using paint
- How many coats of paint are necessary?
- Painting: how to cover dark colours!
Wall covering materials: the different options
Besides paint, there are several other wall covering materials that are used to enhance walls and protect the surfaces. To get a better idea of the options that are available and to learn about the characteristics, the maintenance techniques and the average prices of materials, here are a few articles that you can consult:
- Wall covering inspirations: wallpaper
- Wall covering inspirations: wall tiles
- Wall covering inspirations: wood panels and wood by-products
- Wall covering: concrete and its imitations
- Interior wall coverings: prices and characteristics
- Wall covering inspirations: decorative panels
- 7 wall designs for bedrooms
Looking for paint and wall covering experts?
Fill out the form so that we can put you in contact with certified contractors from our network
Mouldings: materials and maintenance
Mouldings are used to create a junction between the walls and ceilings. They can also be employed purely for decorative purposes. To learn more about the prices, the different materials and the maintenance techniques, check out this article:
Interior and exterior masonry
Brick and stone are materials that never go out of style and that are used both indoors and outdoors. These materials are durable, very resistant and generally easy to maintain. The following articles will tell you more:
- Interior brick walls: cost of installation and maintenance
- Wall covering inspirations: real brick and imitations
- Wall covering inspirations: natural and decorative stone
- Price guide: masonry work and bricklaying
- Exposed brick walls and how to hang things on them
Backsplashes are there to protect the part of the wall that is located between the countertop and the upper cabinets. They also make the surface easier to clean. Backsplashes can be made from different materials:
- 5 affordable kitchen backsplashes
- 10 types of kitchen backsplashes
- How to install a kitchen backsplash
Exterior siding is used for aesthetical purposes, but it also helps protect the home's structure. Therefore, its role is very important. You can choose between different materials, each having their own characteristics.
- Choosing the right product for your foundation parging
- Exterior siding: which material should you choose?
- Rediscovering stucco!
- The pros and cons of aluminum siding
- Exterior siding: installation and material prices
Wall installation and renovation
When you launch a wall transformation project, you may have to make a few repairs or even modifications to the partitions. The following articles will guide you on this subject:
Home renovation guides
We have prepared several guides about different home decor styles that are popular right now. These guides talk about furniture, layouts, colours, textures and also, wall coverings :
- Home decor: a guide to Scandinavian style
- Home decor: a guide to rustic style
- Home decor: a guide to modern style
- Home decor: a guide to minimalist style
- Home decor: a guide to industrial style
- Lagom: the minimalist concept for all your renovation projects
- Hygge: 7 renovation tips to embrace and enjoy winter this year
WOULD YOU LIKE TO GET A GENERAL IDEA OF HOW MUCH YOUR PAINTING PROJECT WILL COST? Test our cost estimator which calculates according to the room dimension and the number of colours.
Get 3 renovation quotes for your house painting or wall covering project
RenoQuotes.com will put you in contact with 3 reliable contractors for your house painting project. Fill in the form on our homepage (it only takes a few minutes), and you will receive quotes from trusted professional painters.
Dial 1-844 828-1588 to speak with one of our customer service representatives
Are you looking for something else?