RenoQuotes.com Roof Renovation Guide
Last modified: 2018/12/24 | Approximate reading time 3 mins
The roof is an element of the home that requires special attention. Roof renovation projects can vary drastically in price and span, from weatherproofing to a complete reconstruction. The budget that is allotted for these projects can be minimal, but it may also reach several tens of thousands of dollars.
Since we have several articles about roof renovation projects on our blog, we have decided to gather and categorize these articles so that you can find the information you are looking for more easily.
Roofing materials in general (prices and characteristics)
Roof covering materials serve to protect the structure and to weatherproof this part of the house. Therefore, its role is very important, hence the fact that choosing the right material is fundamental. Learn more about the average prices and characteristics of the most popular roofing materials in Canada:
Common in cities or on commercial buildings, flat roofs can be covered using a variety of materials, from roofing asphalt to TPO and EPDM membranes. Learn more about these materials as well as the general characteristics of flat roofs:
- 5 reasons to install a green roof on your house
- 5 things to know about TPO and EPDM roofing
- Flat roof maintenance
Planning to renovate your roof?
Fill out the form so that we can put you in contact with certified contractors from our network
Metal roofs are known for their durability. Available in several materials such as sheet metal and steel, they are very popular in certain countries. Some metal roof coverings last more than 50 years, which makes it a good option. As a matter of fact, even though this type of roof is often more expensive initially, its durability makes it so that in the long run, it becomes more cost-effective.
- How to repair metal roofing: costs and benefits
- Steel roofing: meeting with a roofing contractor
- Sheet metal roofing maintenance
- The price of sheet metal roofing
- Pros and cons of sheet metal roofing
- How to install sheet metal roofing
Although they cannot be considered as roofing materials, solar panels are often installed directly on top of them, hence the relevance of including these articles in the guide:
Building a rooftop terrace
It is more and more common, especially in the city, to see people using their flat roof by building a terrace with a garden, a pool, a barbecue and much more! Before starting on this type of project, it is very important that you be well-informed about this subject. The following articles serve as guides for setting up a rooftop terrace:
- Cost of a rooftop terrace
- How to build a rooftop terrace
- What to know when building a rooftop terrace in Canada
Maintenance and renovation techniques for roofs
Maintenance is one of the essential steps in making sure that the roof remains in good shape for as long as possible. By setting up a regular maintenance schedule, we can avoid damage and prevent potential problems such as water infiltrations.
Of course, in many cases, renovations will have to be completed. The following articles talk about roof maintenance and renovations:
- How much does it cost to renovate a roof
- 4 signs that your roof needs to be renovated
- What happens if you don't renovate your roof?
- Why regular roof maintenance is essential
- 7 renovation projects that should always be left to professionals
- Why it's important to clean your roof
- Cleaning your roof: what to know to stay safe
- How to prevent or fix a water infiltration in a roof?
Attic and insulation
When addressing the subject of roofs, it is equally important to talk about the parts that are inside and outside of the structure. The attic is directly connected to the roof and the way that it is set up and insulated will have a direct impact on it;
Gutters, cornices and soffits
Gutters, cornices and soffits are all in some way connected to the roof. Each of these elements works together to protect and weatherproof the home. Here are a few articles on this subject:
- How to install a soffit a-z
- How to repair a cornice moulding
- Gutter installation cost guide
- How to repair a broken gutter
- How to install eavestroughs
- How to clean gutters
Check out this video filmed on location by our videographer Julia on a worksite:
Get 3 renovation quotes for your roofing project
RenoQuotes.com can help you get quotes for your roofing project. If you submit your project to us, we’ll put you in contact with 3 qualified professionals. Fill in the form on our homepage (it only takes a few minutes), and you will receive quotes from trusted roofing companies.
Dial 1-844 828-1588 to speak with one of our customer service representatives
Are you looking for something else?