RenoQuotes.com Bedroom Renovation Guide
Last modified: 2019/06/27 | Approximate reading time 4 mins
Everyone sets up their bedroom according to their own preferences. Some people want to adapt it to their own tastes, by putting a lot of effort into the room's decor, whereas others opt for a minimalist layout. The main goal of a bedroom is to provide a place for rest and privacy.
This is one of the key places in the house, as we inevitably spend several hours per day in there, ideally in a comfortable situation. Sometimes, it becomes necessary to renovate so that the space is pleasant and well arranged.
To help you with your bedroom renovation project, we have gathered all of our articles that could be relevant for this type of project:
Bedroom decor and arrangement
People don't all associate the same level of importance with the way their bedroom is decorated. Some prefer a place that focuses on the practical and functional aspects of the room, whilst others take the opportunity to put their personal touch on it. There is no good or bad way to arrange a bedroom, as long as the room is comfortable and befits the tastes of the person who will use it. The following articles can give you ideas:
- How to renovate your bedroom
- 10 ideas for multipurpose rooms
- 7 wall designs for bedrooms
- Small space solutions: kitchen, bedroom, bathroom
- 10 renovation projects to transform your bedroom
Home decor guides
For other sources of inspiration, here is a series of articles we have devoted to different styles of decoration that are timeless:
- Home decor: a guide to classic style
- Home decor: a guide to rustic style
- Home decor: a guide to Scandinavian style
- Home decor: a guide to industrial style
- Home decor: a guide to minimalist style
- Home decor: a guide to modern style
For a child, a bedroom is a refuge where they can have their intimacy, and where they can develop their passions, in addition to reflecting their personality through the way the room is decorated. Here are some ideas for creating a bedroom that is safe and appealing for your child:
Bedroom flooring materials
Which floor coverings are best for the bedroom? In the morning, when you get out of bed, it's nice to have a floor that feels comfortable under your feet. Ideally, this floor is also easy to maintain, in addition to being aesthetically adapted to the decor of the room.
- RenoQuotes.com flooring renovation guide
- Choosing your hardwood floors: the materials
- The different types of floating floors
- 9 factors that determine the price of flooring
- 7 flooring materials (that are alternatives to wood)
- 10 affordable flooring materials
Planning to renovate your bedroom?
Fill out the form so that we can put you in contact with certified contractors from our network
Warm, subdued, well targeted ... The bedroom's lighting must be adapted to the needs of the occupant. Some people are big readers, and therefore need adequate lamps near the bed. Others need a dark room to sleep properly, whilst others want good lighting to see properly when doing their makeup and choosing their clothes.
- 3 things to know about interior lighting
- The different types of light fixtures
- 3 types of light bulbs to completely transform your room
Wall covering materials
Wall covering materials enhance the room's decor. In general, they are easy to install and can quickly transform a room. Some of these materials can even be installed temporarily. There are many options for wall coverings, which are featured in the following articles:
- Interior wall coverings: prices and characteristics
- Wall covering inspirations: wood panels and wood by-products
- Wall covering: concrete and its imitations
- Wall covering inspirations: real brick and imitations
- Wall covering inspirations: wallpaper
- Wall covering inspirations: decorative panels
- Paint and wall covering material guide
- 10 examples of unique wall coverings
- Current trends in home decor
This other type of wall covering deserves its own category because it is the most common option. Indeed, most people opt for paint as a wall coating because it is affordable and multifunctional.
Doors and windows
Doors are what creates the intimacy of the bedroom, whilst the windows allow natural light to enter and help with the aeration of the room. That's why it's so important to choose the right models of doors and windows for this room:
- 7 different window styles to consider for your home
- RenoQuotes.com door and window renovation guide
- How to choose your windows
- How to install a barn door + cost guide
- The different types of barn doors
Bedroom closets and walk-ins
Storage is one of the essential aspects of a well-organized bedroom. Many people dream of having a walk-in wardrobe and this article addresses the design of this kind of storage space:
Can the bedroom be considered as a space for "well-being"? Yes of course! Here are some ideas and introductions to two Scandinavian concepts that will help make your bedroom a peaceful haven:
- Setting up a relaxation corner at home
- Lagom: the minimalist concept for all your renovation projects
- Hygge: 7 renovation tips to embrace and enjoy winter this year
Get 3 renovation quotes for your bedroom renovation project
RenoQuotes.com will put you in contact with 3 reliable contractors for your bedroom renovation project. Fill in the form on our homepage (it only takes a few minutes), and you will receive quotes from trusted professionals.
Dial 1-844 828-1588 to speak with one of our customer service representatives
Are you looking for something else?