RenoQuotes.com Bathroom Renovation Guide
Last modified: 2018/12/24 | Approximate reading time 5 mins
Are you thinking about renovating your bathroom? This process can be long and complicated as it involves several steps as well as a number of factors that can affect the price, the duration of the work and the durability of the materials.
This type of project requires proper planning. Even when we hire a contractor to complete the work, it is recommended to be informed about this subject, in order to get a better idea of what we want and what we must plan.
Having written several articles about bathroom renovation projects, we decided to compile and classify the links to these articles in one place to make it easier to find the important information about several aspects regarding this type of project.
The bathroom floor is exposed to a lot of water, which means that the material used as flooring must be adapted for this room.
- Ceramic flooring: pros and cons
- How to renovate a bathroom ceramic floor
- Maintenance tips for bathroom floors
- Price guide: flooring materials
- 10 affordable flooring materials
- The best types of flooring for your bathroom!
- What to do if bathroom tiles are swelling
It is important to use the proper type of product to paint the bathroom. Paints that are used in other rooms (except the kitchen) are not always suitable since they are not as resistant to water and grime.
- Kitchen and bathroom paint
- What to do if paint is peeling off of your bathroom wall
- 5 ways to remodel your bathroom using paint
BATHROOM RENOVATION PRICE GUIDE
What budget should you set aside for a bathroom renovation project? Of course, each case is different, but to get a ballpark idea, here are a few articles that cite average prices for bathroom renovation projects:
- How much does a bathroom renovation project cost
- Price guide: bathroom renovation project
- Small budget bathroom renovation ideas
- Renovating your bathroom on a budget
Bathroom sinks are practical and decorative elements that are one of the main elements of the room. Each bathroom being different, it is important to find a sink that fits within the space that is available. Fortunately, several models are available:
Planning to renovate your bathroom?
Fill out the form so that we can put you in contact with certified contractors from our network
BATHTUB AND SHOWER
Bathtubs and showers are central elements in this room that is dedicated to personal hygiene. Due to the sheer number of options, here are a few tips that will help you find the model that best suits you:
- How to choose a bathtub
- How to choose your shower
- How to refinish your bathtub
- How to repair caulking around your bath
- Choosing a showerhead
*Articles about kitchen counters but that also apply to bathrooms
Even though they are not as sizeable, bathroom countertops must be able to resist certain elements such as water and dirt.
- Price guide: kitchen countertops
- How to get a kitchen countertop for less than $100
- How to choose your kitchen counter
- Stone kitchen countertops
GENERAL BATHROOM RENOVATION
Renovating a bathroom is often a mid or large-scaled project. It is therefore important to plan the work in order to ensure that everything goes along as planned.
- Renovating a bathroom: things to take into consideration
- 10 mistakes to avoid when renovating a bathroom
- How to renovate a small bathroom
- Small space solutions: kitchen, bedroom, bathroom
- How to make your bathroom more waterproof
- 7 things you should know before taking on a bathroom renovation
- Wet room: everything you need to know
STORAGE, FURNITURE AND DECOR
Each person will decorate their bathroom according to their taste, but here are a few tips that focus on current trends:
- Current bathroom renovation trends
- 10 tips to organize a family bathroom
- How to install bathroom cabinets
- The big guide to bathroom storage
It is very important that the bathroom be well-lit, particularly in the presence of a mirror.
Materials that are used in bathroom renovations must be able to resist to elements to which they are exposed such as mould, water and dirt.
Of course, plumbing is one of the main components of a bathroom and therefore, it must be one of the first things that we think of when organizing a bathroom renovation project.
Ah, the toilet! A throne in one's home, little value is placed on this fixture. Evaluate the different models and learn more about how to install a toilet:
- Beginner's guide to installing a toilet
- A RenoQuotes.com guide to choosing a toilet
- Toilets of the future: high-tech options that will make your life easier
- Everything you need to know about eco-friendly toilets
It is very important to make sure that the bathroom is well ventilated. This room accumulates a lot of humidity, which can lead to the appearance of mould. However, if the bathroom is properly ventilated, this type of problem will not occur.
- How to clean your ventilation ducts
- What to consider when choosing a bathroom fan
- How to control the humidity in your bathroom
- How to recognize mould in your bathroom
To see examples of bathroom renovation projects completed by RenoQuotes.com contractors, check out "10 examples of beautiful bathroom renovation projects".
Get 3 renovation quotes for your bathroom renovation project
RenoQuotes.com will put you in contact with 3 reliable contractors for your bathroom renovation project. Fill in the form on our homepage (it only takes a few minutes), and you will receive quotes from trusted professionals.
Dial 1-844 828-1588 to speak with one of our customer service representatives
Are you looking for something else?