RenoQuotes.com Kitchen Renovation Guide
Last modified: 2018/12/24 | Approximate reading time 5 mins
Are you planning on renovating your kitchen? This process can be long and complicated, as it involves several steps as well as a number of factors that can affect the price, the duration of the work and the durability of the materials. For this type of project, proper planning is essential. Even when hiring a contractor, it is advised to get informed about this subject in order to have a better idea of what you should plan for.
Having written several articles on the subject of kitchen renovations, we have decided to compile and classify the links towards these articles in one place, to make it easier for people to find the information they need about the different aspects of this project.
Here is a list of all of our articles about kitchen renovations
We often forget backsplashes, which are actually very useful both for their esthetical aspect and the general maintenance of the kitchen. This material is used to protect the wall's surface and to make it easier to clean. There are several materials and installation methods for backsplashes. You will find relevant information in these articles:
- 5 affordable kitchen backsplashes
- 10 types of kitchen backsplashes
- How to install a kitchen backsplash
GENERAL KITCHEN RENOVATION
When the whole kitchen is being renovated, the planning stage is crucial. Here are a few articles that will help you as you organize this project:
- Renovating a kitchen: things to take into consideration
- How to renovate your kitchen
- How to renovate your kitchen without spending a fortune
- Moving your kitchen to another room
- The ergonomic kitchen: 5 ways to make your kitchen more efficient
There are several types of materials for kitchen counters. How should you go about to choose the best one? What are the average prices? Find an answer to these interrogations in one of our numerous articles on the subject:
- How to choose your kitchen counter
- How to get a kitchen countertop for less than 100$
- Price guide: kitchen countertops
- Stone kitchen countertops
- Are concrete countertops right for your kitchen?
- How to replace a kitchen counter
- How to repair cracks in your concrete countertop
- How to install a butcher block kitchen counter
KITCHEN CABINETS, DRAWERS AND ISLANDS
A kitchen is not truly a kitchen without cabinets and drawers. They are used for storage and form the structure of the room. In view of the number of materials and formats that are available, you will need to evaluate your needs and your budget.
- How to strip kitchen cabinets
- How to paint kitchen cabinets
- How to install kitchen cabinets
- How to replace kitchen drawers
- 5 islands that will transform your kitchen
- How to install a kitchen island: step-by-step instructions
- Custom kitchen cabinets: ideas for styles and materials
- Open concept kitchen shelving: 6 things to know
- How to install open concept shelving
- 5 kitchen storage ideas
Planning to renovate your kitchen?
Fill out the form so that we can put you in contact with certified contractors from our network
Flooring materials that are used in the kitchen must be very resistant to various elements. As one may imagine, kitchen floors are exposed to potentially damaging elements such as water, grease and dust. It is important to make sure that the surface is easy to clean and that the material will stay in good shape despite being exposed to these elements.
- 8 great kitchen flooring options
- How to replace a few tiles in your kitchen floor
- Price guide: flooring materials
- Ceramic flooring: pros and cons
- How to choose your kitchen floor covering
- Kitchen floor price guide
The kitchen's general lighting plays a much bigger role than what one could imagine. Cooking and spending time in a room that is too dark is not a very enjoyable experience, which means that this aspect must be a part of the thought process when renovating a kitchen.
- 3 things to know about interior lighting
- The different types of light fixtures
- Recessed lighting: keeping your kitchen bright
- 3 types of light bulbs to completely transform your room
- What you need to know about recessed lighting
As stated in the section about flooring, materials that are used in the kitchen need to fill certain characteristics, among which being waterproof and easy to clean. In the following articles, we will present materials that fulfill these requirements:
It is best to use a type of paint that is adapted for kitchens. This product is waterproof and creates a surface that is easy to clean.
How much will your kitchen renovation project cost? $5 000? $10 000? $30 000? This type of project is costly and it can be hard to calculate a preliminary budget when it is the first time that we renovate this room. Here is some information to guide you:
- Home renovation price guide
- 5 factors that affect the price of a kitchen renovation project
- Price guide: kitchen renovations
Range hoods serve to maintain the air quality in a home and also play a role with regards to the cleanliness of the kitchen.
SINKS AND PLUMBING
This aspect, which is not as "sexy" but just as essential, must be a critical part of your thought process. What type of faucet will suit your needs? Does the plumbing need to be redone? The following articles cover the subject:
- How to repair your kitchen faucet
- RenoQuotes.com kitchen sink shopping guide
- How to identify a problem with your kitchen faucet
- 8 different faucet models for your kitchen sinks
- How much do plumbing renovations cost?
- How to choose your kitchen sink
- How to replace your kitchen sink
WALL COVERING MATERIALS
Paint or tiles? Wallpaper or decorative panels? Whether you're looking for a kitchen decor that is bold or more classical, you will have plenty of options!
- Interior wall coverings: prices and characteristics
- Wall covering materials: wall tiles
- Crown moulding: everything you need to know
- Interior brick walls: cost of installation and maintenance
- Exposed brick walls and how to hang things on them
To see examples of kitchen renovation projects completed by RenoQuotes.com contractors, check out "10 examples of inspiring renovation projects".
Get 3 renovation quotes for your kitchen renovation project
RenoQuotes.com can help you get quotes for your kitchen renovation project. If you submit your project to us, we’ll put you in contact with the most suitable contractors for you. Fill in the form on our homepage (only a few minutes), and you will receive quotes from kitchen renovation specialists.
Dial 1-844 828-1588 to speak with one of our customer service representatives
Are you looking for something else?